Do you fancy giving these McVitie’s Chocolate Chip Cake Bars, which serve six people, a try. They sound completely scrumptious and we are excited to be giving them a go.
I so love to bake with my kids (despite the mess!) In fact we are going to make them for Gran’s birthday gift next week….sssssh!
Let me know how you get on if you decide to make them too. It is a super simple recipe (always the best kind I think!)
10 minutes preparation, 35 minutes cooking
- 225g McVitie’s Digestives
- 55g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp butter
- 55g sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100ml milk
- 60g chocolate chips
– Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/ Gas mark 4. Grease a 20cm square cake tin and dust with flour
– Put the McVitie’s Digestives in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. Combine the McVitie’s Digestives, flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl
– In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar, ideally using an electric mixer, until fluffy and light
– Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla to the butter and sugar with the mixer on low. Beat until combined, then add a third of the flour mixture along with half of the milk. Beat until combined again, then add another third of the flour and the remaining milk. Beat again. Add the rest of the flour and the chocolate chips. Stir in thoroughly
– Spoon the batter into the cake tin and spread out evenly. Bake for 35 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely and cut into bars before serving
Yum Yum Yum!
Thansk to McVities for the recipe