Blini Sandwich with Mango and Cream Cheese
Oh my goodness how good does this look? And it is actually a really simple recipe…
PREP AND COOK TIME: 25 mins
• 135g Two Chicks Egg White
• 300g low fat greek yoghurt
• 115g flour (or coconut/oat flour)
• 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• Coconut or vegetable oil, for frying
• 335g low fat cream cheese
• 2 ripe mangos
• Icing sugar (optional)
1. Blend the yoghurt and Two Chicks Egg White until smooth.
2. Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda and stir until combined and thick.
3. Lightly oil the frying pan and heat until smoking hot.
4. Add a scoop of batter and spread into an even circle. Cook for about 3 minutes until set and lightly golden then turn over and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove the pan and repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the pan between each pancake.
5. Slide the cooked pancakes onto a plate, layering up the pancakes with non-stick baking paper, so they don’t stick together.
6. Sandwich the pancakes together in pairs, with the cream cheese and sliced mango. If using, sift icing sugar over the top.
So what is liquid egg white?
Two Chicks Free Range Liquid Egg White, the high protein, low fat alternative to whole eggs. Two Chicks liquid, pasteurised egg white is a healthy, fuss-free way to incorporate more protein into your daily diet – saving yourself time, calories and mess in the kitchen!
Each carton of Two Chicks Egg White contains the egg white of 15 free range eggs, pasteurised to reduce the risk of food borne illnesses. Egg white contains more than half of the protein of the egg and is also fat free, cholesterol free, low carb and low GI, helping to keep you feeling fuller for longer and balance out blood sugar levels. Egg white can be used to replace whole eggs in almost any recipe, from omelettes to quiches to cakes and even in protein shakes. Because it is pasteurised, it is completely safe to use in recipes which require the egg white to be uncooked.
To find out more about Two Chicks Egg White, visit: www.twochicks.co.uk
Linking up to