When you’re running around after your kids, you need to be wearing clothes that allow you to move and that are comfortable! Chasing a two year old who is hell bent on eating the dog food while wearing a pencil skirt and stilettos is going to lead to a bad time for everyone concerned …
That being said, there’s absolutely no reason that you can’t wear clothes that are practical enough to suit your lifestyle, while looking great too.
Pairing your outfit with some bright and colorful accessories will not only make it look great, it will bring your own unique personality to the outfit as well.
Some great tips for accessorising are:
- It doesn’t have to be a heel, but look out for shoes that are fun and comfortable to give your look another dimension.
- It’s amazing the difference that a good pair of earrings or statement necklace can make, even with the simplest of outfits.
- The right belt will highlight your waist and give a more defined figure.Make Sure They Fit
If your clothes fit you properly, they will be more flattering and more comfortable. Don’t get hung up on sizing. If you need a bigger size then get a bigger size! You will look and feel much better for it.
There are lots of companies who specialize in plus size womens clothing UK, and it’s worth seeking them out.
Take Care of Your Health
Nothing looks better than a person who is clearly taking care of their health. Some important things to focus on are:
- Staying hydrated.
- This is tough for moms, but if you can, try and make sleep a priority. You will look and feel a whole lot better.
- Eating right. A diet that is rich in fruit and vegetables will ensure that you get all of the vitamins and minerals needed, which in turn will make your skin, hair and nails look fab.
- Move around. Regular exercise improves blood flow and releases endorphins, both of which will help you to look and feel better.
Put Thought Into Your Outfits
It’s worth taking some time to consider what kinds of clothes suit your body shape. For example, if you are a ‘pear’ shape, then v necks are likely to look great on you, as are bell sleeves and scoop necks.
Try on clothes in lots of different shapes and styles to get an idea of what best suits you, so that you can dress practically while looking good at the same time.
Not only do scarves keep you snug and warm in the fall and winter months, they are a great way to add a splash of color to your outfit.
Play With Patterns and Textures
You can still wear practical style clothing with fun patterns and in fabrics that feel good and add depth to your look. Experiment with bold patterns, colors and textures and see what speaks to you.