Of course, the best option for your baby is breastfeeding, but if that’s not the case, you should carefully choose an organic milk formula for your baby. Why organic? – You might ask. Here are some facts on the benefits of organics.
- All ingredients in organic milk formulas are sourced from farms that strictly adhere to European organic production regulations and are monitored by the independent Control Institute (the label bears the code number of the organic certification body).
- The organic milk formula is free from GMOs, colourings, antibiotics, flavourings, gluten, preservatives, starches and sugars, which hurt a healthy baby.
- The organic milk formula contains natural calcium from organic milk and calcium carbonate from natural mineral sources, which is important for a baby’s bone formation. In addition, there is an age-appropriate amount of high-quality protein in organic milk, which is easily digestible. A balanced complex of essential vitamins, minerals and trace elements provides the newborn with everything he/she needs.
- The organic formula is adapted to the needs of babies from the first months of life onwards and is easy to digest.
Is it worth changing the milk formula frequently?
If an artificially-fed baby feels well on the formula he has been fed at the time of birth, there is no reason to change it. Baby formula side effects can occur. The intestines of a newborn baby get used to a particular product that has already been learned to digest and assimilate, and changing the formula can damage its functionality, leading to intestinal disorders.
If you decide to switch to another formula because of its low cost compared to the one you are giving your newborn now, you should ask your paediatrician’s opinion on this. A paediatrician who has worked with babies for many years will have ample experience in how babies react to products from different manufacturers. Your doctor will help you find the ideal formula that suits your baby’s body and that you can afford. The formula should be changed:
- If your baby has prolonged stool abnormalities
- When anaemia develops
- Allergic reactions to the product used
- When the baby regurgitates a lot
- When there is regular bloating
Manufacturers are ready to meet the needs of every baby. For example, if a baby suffers from heavy regurgitation, it is possible to solve the problem by switching to a special antireflux product containing gum, which effectively thickens the contents of the stomach. For children who are lactose intolerant, there are lactose-free formulas and if your baby is allergic to animal protein, a soya protein or hydrolysed protein formula is available which will not cause such a reaction.
Organic Milk: 4 Facts Mothers Should Know When Buying Organic Milk Formulas is a feature post