My daughter is 9 and absolutely loves to cook all by herself, with me just managing the oven. We have been making banana muffins for ages and it such a brilliant way to use up old bananas. I do hate food going to waste and I think it is so good for kids to see you use up old food. ( you can find my easy banana bread recipe here)
Don’t they look good?
Simple banana muffin recipe
Ingredients – for 12 muffins
3 old and soft bananas
75g butter soft
200g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large egg
150g caster sugar
3 drops of vanilla essence
How to make your muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180 C then fill your muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and the cinnamon
- Mash up the bananas and butter, egg, and sugar in a separate bowl
- Fold in the flour mix from the first bowl slowly, then beat till smooth
- Fill the paper cases half way up with mixture.
- Pu t in oven for 25 minutes until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Place muffins on a cooling rack and eat at least one whilst still warm…absolutely yummy!
Really, really easy to make and taste absolutely wonderful
Pin me for later