OOh I do love a good veggie burger don’t you? This recipe looks just lovely for the summer ahead. I’ve never tried a relish before and am excited to be giving this recipe form MASH a go.
This spicy sweetcorn relish is the perfect partner to vegetable burgers and sides.
- 1 packet Mash Direct Vegetable Burgers (cooked as per packaging instructions on the BBQ)
- 2 Ciabatta Buns (toasted)
- 1 bag Rocket
For the Sweetcorn Relish:
- 200g drained Sweetcorn
- 1 red chilli de-seeded and chopped finely
- 1 Red Pepper de-seeded and chopped finely
- 1 shallot chopped finely
- 80 ml Cider Vinegar
- 30g Caster Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- Small bunch of Coriander chopped finely
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Fry the shallot for roughly 4-5 minutes on a medium heat till it is translucent and soft.
- Add all other ingredients, apart from the coriander and bring to a light boil.
- Allow the relish to simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the coriander and pour the relish into sterilised jam jars.
- This is ready to eat once cool but will improve if kept in the jar for a few weeks in a refrigerator.
To assemble, place a cooked burger onto the toasted bun bases. Spoon some of the relish on top, along with a handful of rocket. Place the bun lid on top and dig in!