Writing thank you cards from the kids
The arrival of a new baby into the family is such an exciting event so we are sure that your loved ones are going to spoil you and your baby rotten to mark the occasion! This means that you have to get ready to say a lot of thank yous on your little one’s behalf over your lifetime! This may even need to start from before he or she has been born if you decided to host a baby shower.
We know that writing thank you cards will not be the top of your list of favourite things to do after a busy day with the kids but writing them will become a regular task as a parent and you will want to remember how much a thoughtful thank you note can mean to friends and family.
Whether you are thanking your loved ones for a birthday gift or for attending your child’s christening, it isn’t always easy to put your gratitude into words, so take a look at these thank you card wording ideas from Atelier Rosemood, who are here to help take you through baby thank you cards from your baby shower right up to the yearly birthdays and Christmases!
Top tips for writing thank you cards form the kids
- No matter what the occasion, note down who gave your child each gift so that you can mention specific gifts in your message and how you or your child are going to use them.
- Save time by typing up a generic message that can apply to all of your thank you cards, and then add a personal touch by signing off the cards by hand.
- Photo baby thank you cards can be a great way to treat your friends and family to a picture of your little one, and taking photos can make writing thank you cards more fun for older kids!
- Send thank you cards as soon as possible as they are too easy to put off and usually take a few sessions to finish off.
- Share out the workload where possible when it comes to signing and addressing your thank you cards!
- Ensure that you keep your address book up to date to be ready to send thank you cards for any occasion.
It all starts with…Baby Shower Thank You Cards
As the name suggests, a baby shower is the first opportunity for your friends and family to shower you and your baby with gifts. It is in your interests to get organised and to send these out before your baby arrives, as we are sure that you will have other things to think about once your new little girl or boy is on the scene!
Send a card to everyone who attended and remember to thank the person who organised the shower too, as getting everyone together and organising activities isn’t always easy!
- I’m so glad that you were able to attend my baby shower. It would not have been the same without you! We can’t wait to dress our little boy up in the adorable outfit you got him.
- Thank you for attending my baby shower! You being there really meant a lot to me. We really appreciate your love and support and cannot wait for you to meet our baby.
- Thank you for coming to my baby shower and sharing in the celebration of this exciting time.
- My baby shower was amazing! Thank you for all the time and energy you spent planning it. I think everyone had a great time. I know I did.
- Thank you for all you did at my baby shower. I couldn’t have imagined a more beautiful day.
New Baby Thank You Cards
Baby thank you cards are the perfect way to thank your friends and family for their kind gestures and gifts following the birth of your child. Write your cards from you as parents or get creative and write them from the point of view of your little one. Just in case baby brain is making it hard for you to put pen to baby, here are a few messages to help get you started:
- Little Catherine thanks you for her lovely gift. She can’t wait to meet you for a cuddle to say thank you, so do come and visit soon.
- Thank you for your generous gift! We really appreciate it and we know Catherine does too!
- We are sincerely thankful for your thoughtful gift and for all of your love and support during this new and exciting time in our lives!
- Thank you so much for the sweet card! We appreciate your support and it feels good to know you’re thinking of us!
- Little Joseph absolutely loves your gift and we do too! Thanks again for spoiling him!
Christening Thank You Cards
Send christening thank you cards to thank your loved ones for attending your child’s christening or baptism. A few words go a long way, so keep it simple using some of our suggested christening thank you cards wording ideas below.
- Thank you for sharing in the joy of my christening. Your love, prayers and generous gift were greatly appreciated.
- I would like to thank you for the beautiful gift you gave me for my christening. Even though you were unable to attend the service, it was nice to know that you were thinking of me on my special day.
- We would like to thank you for being Godparent to baby Joseph and attending his christening. We much appreciate your support.
- Thank you for your kind wishes and beautiful gifts to celebrate the christening of our precious daughter/son,
- Thank you for sharing with us this joyful occasion! We are grateful to have such loving friends/family.
Birthday – Writing Thank You Cards from the kids
The first year with your baby is sure to fly by and each birthday will come round faster every year! Close friends and family are sure to help celebrate this milestone each time, so birthday thank you cards are a great thing to have to hand. For a few years you will have to write the thank you cards yourself, but eventually you will just need to prompt your little one on what to write.
- Thank you so much for wishing Catherine a Happy Birthday and joining us for her party.
- You made Joseph‘s birthday so special. Thank you for the birthday wishes and your kind gift!
- Thank you so much for my birthday gift. I can’t wait to try it out.
- Thank you so much for coming to my birthday party! I had a lot of fun, and I love the gift you got me.
- I absolutely love my new cuddly toy and he never leaves my side. Thanks so much for such a great gift!
Christmas Thank You Cards
Santa will not be the only one who adds some extra special gifts under the tree for your child, so make sure that you thank your friends and family. Get your little one in the habit of saying thank you by making sure that you send thank you cards from the kids every Christmas. Eventually you can buy them their own thank you cards pack and have them send off their own notes, but in the meantime, take a look at our ideas below:
- Thank you for the money you gave me for Christmas. I am going to put it towards my new paint set. Mummy is taking me to buy it next week.
- I was so excited to receive your Christmas gift in the post! The barbie doll is exactly what I wanted.
- Thank you so much for sending a Christmas parcel for the boys. They absolutely loved their gifts. It was so kind of you to think of them.
- Thank you so much for the money you sent Catherine for Christmas. We have put it in her savings account for the time being.
No one enjoys writing thank you cards, (especially not kids), but they are such an important way to let your loved ones know how much you appreciate their repeated support and generosity and to teach your kids an important lesson about gratitude.
We are sure that you’ll agree when we say: bring on the day when the kids are old enough to write their own cards without any help, but remember in the meantime that it isn’t really that important what the kids rights, and more so the fact that they or you took the time to write something!
For young children, you can write a thank you note on their behalf, but may like to have your baby or toddler add his or her own stamp by having them sign off with a finger or handprint. If your children are old enough to be able to write, let them write their thank you cards themselves. You may still need to help with the wording, but don’t stress over spelling out words as little errors will add to the authenticity of it all and some slip ups might even give your loved ones a giggle.
Writing thank you cards from the kids
Personalised baby thank you cards from Atelier Rosemood are a great option for any special occasion as you can personalise them online with your choice of message and photos, leaving some space to write a personal note or sign off your cards by hand. If you want to find out more about Atelier Rosemood’s collection of stunning thank you cards for kids then head over to their website and do not hesitate to get in touch with their friendly customer service team.
writing thank you cards from the kids is a feature post